Menu

Galloping the Globe

mlgbug

It's a guidebook basically - a "buffet" of resources for many different countries around the world and you just choose what you want to do. There are maps and flags included in the book, as well as a few crosswords and some preschoolerish matching games (just a couple).

It uses a LOT of religious resources. If that's not your style, I think you're better off just making your own geography program. I made a simple one using Disney's Our World and DK's Children Just Like Me, Geography songs, and videos/books from the library.

It uses a LOT of religious resources. If that's not your style, I think you're better off just making your own geography program. I made a simple one using Disney's Our World and DK's Children Just Like Me, Geography songs, and videos/books from the library.

This is my assessment of the book as well. I returned it and made my own county study units. Country maps, flag pages, photos, recipes, crafts etc are all readily available online. I bought an atlas and these books:

Around the World in 80 Tales

Around the World Art & Activities

And since Doodle LOVES mazes, I have:

My Book of Mazes: Around the World

World of Mazes

Homeschoolshare.com has a Geography resource page:http://www.homeschoolshare.com/geography_resources.php