Menu

Battery chargers

My digital camera eats batteries like I eat Tootsie Rolls :glare:. I have a battery charger but it only charges 2 at a time and it takes about 8 hours so it seems like I never have charged batteries when I need them.

Do they make battery chargers that hold lots of batteries (like 8 or more) that you leave plugged in with the fully charged batteries in them? I've always heard that you shouldn't leave batteries in the charger because they won't last as long but that might be an old wives tale.

Thanks!

My digital camera eats batteries like I eat Tootsie Rolls :glare:. I have a battery charger but it only charges 2 at a time and it takes about 8 hours so it seems like I never have charged batteries when I need them.

Do they make battery chargers that hold lots of batteries (like 8 or more) that you leave plugged in with the fully charged batteries in them? I've always heard that you shouldn't leave batteries in the charger because they won't last as long but that might be an old wives tale.

Thanks!

I have a charger that switches to trickle charge when the battery is fully charged. Otherwise yes, they will overheat and fry. You want a charger that will fully discharge your batteries before charging them so they won't lose memory. Here is a good one: LaCrosse that I got my mom for Christmas. She loves it. Here is another one if you want to charge other sizes than AA or AAA: Tenergy smart charger

Barb

I'm sorry I don't have any battery charger suggestions, but I just thought the above sentence was hilarious!

Chelle, fellow Tootsie Roll eater

You don't realize how many you've eaten until all those tiny wrappers start piling up!

You don't realize how many you've eaten until all those tiny wrappers start piling up!

That's why you can't look when you throw them in the trash! Just turn your head! ;)

I just noticed the "bad spellers" line in your signature--That's one of my favorites! So is the "fractions" line in Tammy's signature!

Chelle

Guest RecumbentHeart

I have no input. I just wanted to comment that I apparently read the way I pronounce (dropping certain R's) and when I read the title of your thread I read "Battery Charges" and was expecting to hear some terrible news about domestic violence.

I'm extremely relieved to read your problem is more mundane. I still read it wrong every time I see it though.

I second the Sam's Club one. We bought them because we go through a TON of AAs. I bought the big package they had with the charger, AAAs and AAs. When we've needed more I bought the package with just AAAs and AAs. We've used them for about 4 years, the charger gets weekly use and works awesome.

I'm not sure exactly when/how it shuts off but we live in a solar home so hubby watches all energy consumption and is very happy with how much power that charger uses so for whatever that's worth......

Sara

I have no input. I just wanted to comment that I apparently read the way I pronounce (dropping certain R's) and when I read the title of your thread I read "Battery Charges" and was expecting to hear some terrible news about domestic violence.

I'm extremely relieved to read your problem is more mundane. I still read it wrong every time I see it though.

Oh, wow! I'm glad it wasn't that!

Chelle