Menu

First Grade Science

I need some good ideas for spines for animals/human body/plants. What are you using that you love? I want to do more nature study and my ds loves animals/frogs/bugs so I want to make it a fun year for him. I looked at WP Animals, but the cost is too much right now. I have My Body book by TCM that we'll use. I am looking at the Kingfisher First Encyclopedia of Animals or DK Animal Encyclopedia, Fun with Nature and the Nature Study notebooking pages from notebookingpages.com. Any reviews of those?

Thanks!

Jill

My suggestion would be R.E.A.L. science Life from Pandia Press. I used this with my son last year when he was 5 and we both really enjoyed it. It was really easy to use and schedule. We also included books from the library and videos from United Streaming to fill out the topics. It also focuses heavily on animals which is something you mentioned your son is interested in.

We are following the schedule by Easy Classical ( http://www.easyclassical.com) for the First Grade Science. The books suggested were perfect for the ages and it has additional grade level books/activities if you have a variety of ages.

The "Learning About' series from Evan Moore is the activities and could easily be bought on their own and done. It was simple, fun and it got done! We have a nice science notebook this year. The spines used were ok and we did go to the library often for additional books(my kids love to read together)

HTH!