Menu

Two completely unrelated questions (vine and car)

1) how can I find out what type of vine I have. It's woody with tiny red flowers. I would like more of them.

2) Two guys just came over and asked if we'd be interested in selling our car (it's one that has just sat beside the carport for 2 years now). I feel kinda odd about them coming and asking but would consider selling it (especially since my van now needs two head gaskets and a timing belt <sigh>). It was going to be our teenagers first car though since it makes sense to let her do the first year or two in an older car that we're not dependent on as a family, imo. We had also considered doing the state's program to get a $3000 voucher towards a new car since hubby's car has 220K miles on it. But I'm still feeling odd about them coming to ask about a car we don't have up for sale too, ya know?

1. I've taken samples of plants to Master Gardeners through the Extension service. I don't know if there is something comparable to that in your area. Maybe take a snip of it to a good nursery? If they have more of that kind of plant, I'm sure they'd love to sell it to you!

2. Do you recognize the young men as being from your neighborhood? If you know where they live (so you could notify the police if they didn't pay) or if you could ask around as to their reputation, I think it would make me feel better about selling to them. If they were local men who had seen the car out there for 2 years, that could explain why they would contact you. I'm not real that I'm the savviest person around on buying/selling stuff, though! :auto:

We did have it out for sale, but with snow and all we put it back. But, we've had tons of people stop and ask if it's for sale. I just wish one would buy it and then they could :auto: it away from our house and give us some money! So far no luck:crying:. All this to tell you it's not completely unusual and could be a great blessing for your van.

My parents always have people stopping and asking if their car/truck is for sale. They've gone through

quite a few used vehicles though, and when my dad thinks one needs a part it usually ends up parked in the yard for a looooong time until someone buys it. :D