Menu

WWE?

sandyfoutz

I want to make sure I understand correctly. Is WWE a new alternative to writing strands and IEW? I have a 3rd grader I am starting First Language Lessons Level 3. We never quite finished FLL 2, but I think she'll be fine. I'm not sure which WWE to get for her though. We Have taken 5 months off of real school. Just kept up on reading is all. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

WWE3 is broken down into a four day week: day 1 narration, day 2 dictation, day 3 narration/dictation, day 4: dictation.

If you can get a hold of the textbook I would use it to determine where your student is at. You can teach from the text book, but I "personally" prefer the workbook because I don't want to look for selections to fit the requirements.

Thank you so much for your comments as I am trying to figure this out. I can finally order books today and need to finalize my selections. I think I will get the WWE text and start dd8 in #2 and ds7 in #1. I guess I'm confused because I thought writing was already worked into First Language Lessons. That what it seemed like when we did FLL 1&2. I only have the 2nd edition of The Well Trained Mind. I bet the third would explain more. That would be great if Susan continues the series. I hate hopping programs, although I have learned it is enevitable.

The php site has curriculum bundles that is all of their products for a given grade. While FLL 1/2 covered the occasionally piece of copywork and did a little narration there isn't a ton of overlap. FLL came out years ago, before Susan wrote WWE. I think Jessie was trying to help parents figure out how to teach narration and all but it was far from a comprehensive writing program. If you use them together you simply drop the copywork and narrations from FLL.

THANK YOU! I have been trying and trying to figure out how to make these work together without a bunch of repetition.

Shannon