Menu

Things to do in Nashville

Hi everyone! Its been a while since posting anything but...can anyone suggest things to do with a crew of little girls for a weekend in Nashville? We are tagging along with Dh when he's at a nearby conference. Ages of the little ones are 6m, 2y and 6y. I was going to take them to the Parthenon for the benefit of the 6yo, but I'm worried about my fiesty 2yo. We have a double stroller to strap the toddler in when needed but she really likes to walk and do her own thing, of course. :tongue_smilie:

Well, there are nice grounds around the Parthenon, so be sure to toss in a picnic blanket, some snacks, and a few outdoor toys (like bubbles or a ball) & let them run around outside too. I think (??) there may be a small playground there on the grounds too.

If you are interested in art, the Frist has an awesome, hands-on area for kids (and adults) to create art.

We love the zoo, too. They're displaying clouded leopard babies (cubs? kittens?) born there a few months ago. My favorite animal (besides the clouded leopards) is the red panda...Shifu, from KungFu Panda, is a red panda!

The zoo also boasts a "jungle" gym area...well, it's just a big playground, actually. :D But there's a big pavilion with padded seating and flooring that wee ones can bounce around in. I forget how old the kids are you're taking.

My kids love the carousel, too, because it has unusual animals to ride...

There's more, but I think I've advertised enough. Can you tell we're members and try to get down there at least every other weekend?