Menu

nice/inexpensive lodging in Gatlinberg/Smoky Mtns ?

We are going to be heading east to accompany my Dh on a business trip, but he said we could possibly stop for a day or two and visit the Smoky Mtns.

Our relatives said that Gatlinberg is nice, but all of the hotels I checked out online were pretty expensive - (we need a hotel/cabin that sleeps 6)

Does anyone know of any good lodging deals in this area?

TIA!

Check Sevierville. The rates there will be better. We like the Wilderness at the Smokies hotel. It is a hotel that has an indoor water park. Much fun! A hotel room at the non attached to the park (but free, very short shuttle ride) is about $149 a night for a room that has two beds and a pull out sofa (which you can actually get some sleep on). They also have suites that sleep gazoodles of people. Some even have two bedrooms. Those, of course, cost a bit more!

We recently returned (a week ago) from a 5 day stay in Pigeon Forge. We loved our cabin. It is high up in the mountains but is a quick 5-7 minutes drive from the parkway. The cabin has 4 bedrooms on 3 levels with a nice front/side yard. It has fantastic views.

The cabin has tons of amenities: full kitchen, pool table, jacuzzi tub in master bath, living room and separate family room, even a washer/dryer, and game systems, there is a small library of books and a variety of games/toys. We really enjoyed our stay there. Oh there is parking for 3 vehicles.

The website is http://www.absolutelywonderfulcabin.com/. The owner Linda is great to deal with and answered all my calls very quickly.

I highly recommend her cabin for families. We had 7 people (2 adults, 2 teens, 2 toddlers, and an infant). And there was plenty of room for each of us to relax, play, and have privacy.

Townsend is a much less commercial, quieter area than G. or Pigeon Forge - we stayed there in July at Valley View Lodge - $99/night for two bedrooms that slept all six of us, with small 'fridge, microwave, full bathroom area. Lots of play area for kids. 865/448-2237 We were in one of the Family Suites.

Edited by JFSinIL