Menu

Stainless Steel/allergy free earrings

My daughter had her ears pierced several years ago and we had to let them close. I am fairly certain she has a nickel allergy (runs in the family)

We had her ears pierced two weeks ago with stainless steel earrings and so far so good.

Claires stores only sells several tiny posts earrings in stainless steel or titanium (which should be okay with allergies).

They sell a line of "sensitive solutions" earrings which they claim to be nickel free. I am not sure I am willing to take another chance with this ear piercing (the last) to see if they will work.

Does anyone know of a store (online preferably) that sells stainless steel/titanium earrings?

My daughter and I both have nickel allergies, and this is the only place I trust to buy fashion earrings that won't make us itch:

http://www.simplywhispers.com/

I have been buying from them for years, and it was a huge relief to find somewhere I trust. I have issues with the "allergy-free" earrings sold anywhere else, and I have to buy real gold or from Simply Whispers.

I was reading about earrings for my little girlies, and several places noted that gold is really the best way to go...at $1 million an ounce, of course! (I exaggerate).

I am actually allergic to gold. I had a bad nickel allergy since I was a kid and when I got pregnant with my daughter my hormones were out of whack.

I had the most disgusting eczema all over my hands. I just could not figure out what was wrong.

The dermatologist sent me to the allergist and surprise surprise I am allergic to gold!!

And not even like a little allergic, seriously bad.

So we still clear of gold also. She was wearing gold earrings the first time we had her ears pierced and they became infected.

I am actually allergic to gold. I had a bad nickel allergy since I was a kid and when I got pregnant with my daughter my hormones were out of whack.

I had the most disgusting eczema all over my hands. I just could not figure out what was wrong.

The dermatologist sent me to the allergist and surprise surprise I am allergic to gold!!

And not even like a little allergic, seriously bad.

So we still clear of gold also. She was wearing gold earrings the first time we had her ears pierced and they became infected.

I've never heard of a gold allergy, and I have eczema ALL over my hands! I wonder if the doc has ever though of that.... Hmmmmmmmm

And thanks to Asenick for the link to simply whispers...cute jewelry. I think I'll try them out, too.

Thanks!

I paint the stems of my cheapie earrings with nail polish.

Rosie

Many many years ago I tried that with my watch (before things went out of control).

It didn't work though. I still landed with a rash exactly where any metal touched my skin (even with nail polish applied)

You know the tiny piece of metal on the watch that you hook into the watch strap. That teeny piece (maybe 3cm) was giving me a rash.

I'm earring free, watch free, jewelry free, eczema free (for the most part) for the past 12 years.

I'm trying to avoid this fate with my daughter.

I've always reacted badly to anything less than 18K gold. I know that sounds snobby but most gold jewelry in the US is 14K or less. The less pure the K the higher the mix of other metals. My dd ended up being just like me and I switched her and have had no problems since. I'd give it a try.

• 12 years later...