Menu

I've already priced out next years curriculum!

fishnoises

I am so not as procrastinator! (I think the opposite of that is impatience...) anyway, Does this sound like too much for 4 kids?

For the entire year (not including supplies and photocopies)

$620.68 + S & H

I was hoping it would be a little less, but thanks to Andrew Campbell's plan I am able to keep it multum non multa! (Except I have to get my preschooler some R & S workbooks)

I cannot wait to get the new materials from Peace Hill Press!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to discounts at our May Homeschooling Convention in Lansing, MI (INCH). I think it is worth the $20 to get in for the shopping only.

Anyone else planning on going to INCH????

Honestly I should be looking forward to time off. I guess if I do all this now I will have time to enjoy my tiome off! Hopefully I won't put off studying the materials like I did last year......

I'm looking at twice that much for 3 kids doing school. I have actually bought most of it except for my wish list at Rainbow ($250). In fact, I was just thinking this afternoon that I have to stay of the computer until dh starts his new job next week. I have spent way too much money on the swap board and the sale at Beth's. I have only bought things that were on my list but it is probably not the best time to be shopping. I am soooooo addicted to books.

Remember that I have 4 kids and so I am re-using some books I already have! I am concerned that I will get stuff i see that are not on my list when i go to INCH! I LOVE books too. I also love the Miller art supply booth! (LOVE them) I wonder if we should wear WTM Forum tshirts!!! Is there such a thing??? I'll make a new post for that. I owuld buy one! (See, I am already adding $ to my list)

Caroline

Definitely sounds like a bargain to me; after years of doing either K12 or Abeka DVD, I am LOVING the classical approach to schooling if for no other reason, than I found it to be much more economical. You can make such great use of library books for supplements, and the books by PeacHill and other publishers are very reasonable. I am schooling 3 now, but soon will be four! So I am impressed!

Way to go, 'mom'!

Oh, yes, one more thought: do you realize if our kids were enrolled in many Christian/private schools we would spend that amt in just one MONTH for tuition???!!!! Yeah, I'd say we've all done pretty good! :)

The biggest change I made is to not use a spelling and handwriting curriculum. Also I did not get a reading curriculum (I used R & S before) because it was just too much work. Phonics is also something you can do without a specific program. Just reading in tandem does wonders!!!!

I did not include the cost of gymnastics!!!! Yikes.......But I am sure it is less than private school tuition.