Menu

Is a full size can of shaving cream allowed in carryon luggage?

Liquids or gels need to be 3.4 ounces or less and all need to fit into a one quart ziploc bag. See the TSA site for more details: 3-1-1 for Carry-ons

I fly frequently for work and ONLY use a carry one.

It's interesting to note that while the TSA site specifically says 3.4 ounces, nearly all of the TSA agents at the gates will stop you if it's over 3.0 ounces (the "old" requirement). In fact, most of the recordings and signage in the airports still say 3.0 ounces, so be careful if you want to avoid a hassle.

And yes, they do sell travel sizes. They even have them in the grocery store where I shop, but they also have them at Wal-Mart and Target, for sure.

Thanks everyone. I guess it's been a while since we have flown anywhere and I just can't rmember what he did for savingcream.. I am thinking he must have just bought some when we arrived. Since he will have no time for shopping this trip...he found a travel size can at the store.. Meijer..and it is only 3 oz........so he should be fine!

DH is flying tomorrow for business and would prefer not to check luggage due to many connections over the course of the next week.

Is a full size can of shaving cream allowed? If not, are there travel ones??????

His hotel might be able to provide him with a small size as well :)

My dh just uses soap if he's only gone for a few days.