Menu

Bare Mineral make-up messy?

Is it just me (and poor technique) or are the Bare Mineral type of make-ups very messy? I cannot put it on in such a way that I don't get fine powder all over the vanity top/sink. I love the way it looks and feels, but the clean up just might be the sticking point for me as far as using it any longer.

Any advice?

Is it just me (and poor technique) or are the Bare Mineral type of make-ups very messy? I cannot put it on in such a way that I don't get fine powder all over the vanity top/sink. I love the way it looks and feels, but the clean up just might be the sticking point for me as far as using it any longer.

Any advice?

I use mineral makeup and don't really have issues with that. But I dip my brush in the powder, and then tap off the excess into the lid before I apply it. I didn't like the lids that came with the containers of the brand I buy, so I saved a couple of the Cover Girl loose powder containers with slightly domed lids and put my powder in that. I keep the kabuki brush in the lid as I tap, and the excess falls into the lid and not all over.

What type of brush are you using? Are you tapping off the excess before applying?

Yep, I usually have "sprinkles" on the countertop, but I love the product, so it's totally worth it to me. I can't imagine going back to a liquid based coverage now...I remember trying to blend, making sure no visible lines..and then melt in summer months, the residue on shirt collars...etc, etc.

What type of brush are you using? Are you tapping off the excess before applying?

It's the brush that came with the product. I'm not using the Bare Mineral brand, but a knock-off version (can't remember the name). I try to tap the brush on the side of the container to get rid of the excess, but that is part of the problem. The tapping causes it to fly all around the counter top area.

I'll try your suggestion about tapping it into the cover. Maybe I can cut down on the clean up.

It's the brush that came with the product. I'm not using the Bare Mineral brand, but a knock-off version (can't remember the name). I try to tap the brush on the side of the container to get rid of the excess, but that is part of the problem. The tapping causes it to fly all around the counter top area.

I'll try your suggestion about tapping it into the cover. Maybe I can cut down on the clean up.

Getting a good container to work with can help quite a bit - I know some of the gals on this forum:

http://www.mineralmakeupmania.com/

use a small bowl or other container when applying their makeup so they have more room to swish and tap. You can also experiment with lightly misting your brush before getting powder on it (some people prefer that method of application). And depending on the type of brush you have, there may be a better brush that holds onto more of the powder.