Menu

Dolls

I'm trying to figure out how popular the Faith and Friends dolls are.

They are 14'' vinyl dolls made by Mission City Press (Life of Faith). My daughters are working up towards getting most of the dolls between them. (at $30 each they are way more do-able for us than American Girl)

I've started making doll clothes for them and was wondering if that would be something that I could sell on ebay or something. When I looked on ebay I only saw the things that MCP makes for them.

Is that because there is no demand - or because no one else makes things in that size?

I just found out about these last week when I admired my friend's daughter's doll. She had a really cute outfit.

I'm not sure how popular they are... I imagine they're still just catching on.

We won't do AG in our house so I'm looking into them for the older years. Currently we have Corolle and Gotz dolls.

ETA: I just went to the website and they're sold out of all the dolls. So either they are really popular or not at all!

If you want to make outfits that could fit Bitty Baby (15") and F&F, then you might have more luck. Not sure how slender the F&F dolls are though. But wide-skirt dress things work well on baby to teen doll faces, so you might be able to find some styles that would work well.

We have a Bitty Baby, a couple AG (18"), and an AG knockoff. Even the 18" dolls don't fit all the same. But it's nice when one piece actually fits both dolls .. for awhile our knockoff wore Bitty Baby's items. (Mostly because our knockoff received a harsh haircut and needed some pants rather than a skirt ... we were trying to come up with a boy-doll equivalent... he doesn't look too awful if you just glance quickly, LOL....)

If you want to make outfits that could fit Bitty Baby (15") and F&F, then you might have more luck. Not sure how slender the F&F dolls are though. But wide-skirt dress things work well on baby to teen doll faces, so you might be able to find some styles that would work well.

We have a Bitty Baby, a couple AG (18"), and an AG knockoff. Even the 18" dolls don't fit all the same. But it's nice when one piece actually fits both dolls .. for awhile our knockoff wore Bitty Baby's items. (Mostly because our knockoff received a harsh haircut and needed some pants rather than a skirt ... we were trying to come up with a boy-doll equivalent... he doesn't look too awful if you just glance quickly, LOL....)

I've figured out how to make clothes for the Faith and Friends dolls (proportionally they are a little skinnier than AG/18'' dolls), right now, I'm trying to decide if it might be something that I would be able to sell.