Menu

When using Classical Writing.........

Gretchen in NJ

I use R&S; we had already started it when we got into CW and I've very fond of it. I looked at Harvey's a bit, but didn't see any reason to change.

How do you use it with CW? I am assuming that R&S Grammar is not in the same order as Harvey's. Do you skip around in R&S to follow the topics CW suggests you cover or do you do R&S on its schedule?

Thank you.

Well, grammar seems to come in a pretty basic order. We've only done Aesop so far--we're about to start Homer--and in Aesop we never seemed to run into a grammar concept we couldn't deal with. I was sort of planning to just go through R&S and see how it goes, but maybe I should look more carefully?

Do any of you use a different grammar curriculum then what is recommended? The curriculum is set-up to be used with Harvey's. Have any of you used R&S Grammar along with CW?

I am using Analytical Grammar instead of Harvey's, because it makes more sense to me. So far so good.

Heather