Menu

Hot pink, purple and orange match....right?

The moment I've been waiting for with my baby girl who will be 4 in October. She dressed herself in a purple skirt and shirt with hearts, orange sandles with hot pink hearts and her pink patent easter purse.....:lol:What matches....look mommy hearts and hearts and the sparkles on my purse match the sparkle on the hearts ....oh and and on went an orange bangle. I love it I tell ya absolutely love it. Oh and the best part, we are off to run errands:D Just had to share. Please share you dd or ds dressing themselves combinations.

My theory is that the more wild and bold the combo, the more it "goes" together! Some people have a flair for it! It sounds good to me! (My daughter will put together some pretty wild colors that I would never think to do...and I usually find that I really do like it!)

(And if you go into a Gymboree,I'd bet you'd find just that color combo on some of their lines!)

Susu

My oldest daughter has a real flair for color combination and at 15 it is still going strong!:tongue_smilie:

A couple of weeks ago it was a bright pink mini with black leggings and turquoise knee socks, her bright top did have all three colors in it, the orange leather jacket veered a little from her color scheme however- sadly we were headed out also.

When she was 12 her favorite outfit was from a dear friend. It consisted of a red and blue plaid polyester vest with matching bell bottom pants. She wore that set out!

When she was about 6 her favorite outfit consisted of a silky leopard print top with red fringe and a big red flower at the shoulder, matched with a pair of denim capris that had all over rainbow colored floral embroidery, and topped off by a pair of bright red patent leather knee high boots! :lol:

My daughter thought nothing of combining plaids and stripes and adding a colorful sweater on top of the whole thing.

The best part was the patent leather shoes. She wore them with everything. I mean everything! Did you know they go with shorts, skirts, bathing suits, pajamas, etc.

I made the mistake of buying her a pair when she was 4 for a special event. She wore them all winter, summer, spring, fall and the first day of kindergarten. Outside, inside, to the pool.

This was also the child who liked to wear her dress up clothes, dance outfits and halloween costumes year round. Who says you can't wear a Disney princess outfit to the food store.

She is almost 13 and while she thankfully has changed her style she still has her moments when she insists that her clothes are matching (even though the rest of America would probably disagree).

I am laughing because my 93 yo great grandmother had pretty much the same logic. If they both had blue in them, they matched. Doesn't matter that they were totally different blues. She used to "fix it up" by using sequins, ribbbon, whatever she could find. Of course her mind was going so it was like having a young child. When my dd tries to tell me something matches, that really doesn't, I just tell dh she has too much Granny in her.

At near 3 my youngest insisted on wearing a purple tulle tutu to go to coop every week. She really, truly believed it was her "best" outfit (gotta admit, she did look pretty adorable!). Since she seemed so convicted and was not rude about it, and since her part in the co-op was simply to tag along with me when I delivered and picked up the kids, I let her wear it.

OF COURSE IT MATCHES! Unless it is absolutely wildly inappropriate, I've decided that they get to pick what they want to wear, no matter how gaudy, bright, strange, circus-like, the outfit. It's a battle I am not going to fight at this age. The time will come soon enough when they will need to conform to boring societal norms about colors not clashing :)