Menu

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

This message brought to you by my strong-willed 4yo daughter.

The following emoticons apply almost everyday with this child.

:confused1:

:crying:

:svengo:

:toetap05:

:banghead:

:blushing:

Those would be my emotions, not hers. She is steady stubborn. Unmovable, even when she needs to be moved in a more appropriate direction. Every day is a battle. I'm earning my name with this child.

That is all.

:leaving:

Absolutely no useful advice but your post made me smile.

:grouphug:

"God will richly reward you for raising his children!"

An older woman at our church told me this once when I battled with my ds, then barely a toddler. Perhaps it will help to hang on to this piece of wisdom.

If not, get a bottle of Baileys and a gallon of your favorite ice cream. Combine both at a ratio suitable to your state of mind and ENJOY!

When my daughter was three, I would catch myself fantasizing about military boarding preschools...............

She turns 9 next week and it really did get better. She's still very strong-willed (the pig-headed gene is dominant in my family) and we get other kinds of drama, but it did get better. I have to say, though, that half day social/discovery-oriented preschool twice a week at 2.5, 3x a week at three and 4x a week at 4 was a total lifesaver for both of us.

Thanks everyone. I struggle so much with this child. She isn't easy.

Karen- I have considered preschool. We may still. I worry it won't deal with her I-me-and-me-ness. She is aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll about herself. And she is child number 5. It just doesn't work well. I don't know.

I appreciate the encouragement.

Jo

Gotta be something about the baby of the family, I swear! Diva was the baby for 7 years, and she had the same 'tude. Now Princess has it. Uber stubborn, total 'me-ness' as you put it. And, there's something about the age of 4 too. Tazzie was normally wonderful, then turned 3 and 4...oy!