Menu

What are the names of some secular boxed curriculum?

battlemaiden

Oak Meadow has all subjects and goes up through high school level. You don't have to enroll. You can just buy their curriculum. It's also very possible to buy just the syllabus and teacher manual from them and get the actual books used on amazon.

IEW has mostly secular writing programs. Obviously the Bible-based Writing Lessons program is religious, but most of their writing programs are not.

Prentice Hall Science Explorer is completely secular and easy to find 2nd-hand.

There are tons of math programs that are secular.

Pandia Press has secular history/lit programs and science programs.

I've been adapting Sonlight for secular use for many years now. I'm not as happy with their high school levels though.

Calvert is excellent for being "all laid out and ready to go". Before buying it, however, look at the actual grade materials being considered. The "full grade courses" I still think are sub-standard -- although there are valid instances when this becomes a good choice. Some of the Calvert "enrichment courses" I do like.

Only 7th and 8th would remain in the Calvert sequence, then a shift to something different for high school would be required.

K-12 costs are crippling. Makes Calvert a bargain !

Which of these would you consider cost effective? I know Calvert can be spendy. It may not matter to her but I don't want to scare her off on the price.

Jo