Menu

Lighthearted book suggestions

Hi Everyone,

I need some book suggestions for my grandma. She is very ill and on hospice care. She regularly listens to books on tape since she is legally blind. She's asked me to order her a few (she gets them free from the Library of Congress).

She wants stories that are light or uplifting or funny. No sadness at all! No violence. And she was specific that she "doesn't like those stories with s*x in them.";)

So, I would love some titles that I can order for her with a clear conscience.:)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I need some book suggestions for my grandma. She is very ill and on hospice care. She regularly listens to books on tape since she is legally blind. She's asked me to order her a few (she gets them free from the Library of Congress).

She wants stories that are light or uplifting or funny. No sadness at all! No violence. And she was specific that she "doesn't like those stories with s*x in them.";)

So, I would love some titles that I can order for her with a clear conscience.:)

Thanks in advance.

The Tiffany Aching stories by Terry Pratchett are hilarious. Don't know if you can get that, but it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

This may sound odd, but she might really enjoy Tomie DePaola's "26 Fairmount Avenue". My kids listened to this over and over and over (and over) for weeks when they got it out of the library and my DH and I enjoyed it as much as they did. It's very interesting, very funny in parts, and he talks about his grandmothers a lot as well. It's basically all stories of when he was a child. Get the complete set of CDs, as there are also individual stories that are separate. But the complete set is about 4 CDs I think.