Menu

We are using Singapore Early Bird US,,,,

mlgbug

i got all 4 books. im super excited. now is there ANY other math materialy i need fr kindergarden to go with these books/ are they workbooks or teachers manuels? yes i should have found this out but off the rec from here i just went with it.....tell me. im excited

I used the books with small items for counting. We experimented with various things, but dd liked Legos the best. That's all we used, and she was totally prepared to start Singapore PM 1A after finishing Earlybird. I think there may be some lessons that use a scale, but I think I just skipped them.

My son couldn't get those snap cubes together until he was 5.5. These:

http://www.didax.com/shop/productdetails.cfm/Sort/Item/Order/Asc/StartRow/1/ShowAll/No/ItemNo/2-25.cfm

aka Unifix, only go together one way and "slide" onto one another rather than snap, and he could do these from 3.5 up.

We counted bigger things like stuff animals and Mum's fingers. Also baby's shoes, Mum's shoes and Papa's shoes for sorting and ordering.