Menu

Has anyone read The Adams-Jefferson Letters?

Kfamily

Dh and I just finished watching the HBO series John Adams through Netflix which we enjoyed very much. The letters between the two presidents were interesting to us and I wondered if a book existed with the letters in them. I found this book at Amazon and it looks really good. Has anyone read it and what do you think? Would this be too much for dd to read when she is in highschool? What do you think?

Yes, the title is The Adams-Jefferson Letters. I would link it from Amazon but I not so great at that...:001_smile:...especially when it is a long one to type in. Yes, my skills are lacking....sorry. I need to learn a few more tricks!

I read your post, checked my library and they have the book! I ordered it and just have to wait for the present holder to return it. Thanks for mentioning this book. When a PBS show has read one of their letters I have so enjoyed hearing what these people wrote.

Carole

Dh and I just finished watching the HBO series John Adams through Netflix which we enjoyed very much. The letters between the two presidents were interesting to us and I wondered if a book existed with the letters in them. I found this book at Amazon and it looks really good. Has anyone read it and what do you think? Would this be too much for dd to read when she is in highschool? What do you think?

I haven't read them, but I would love too. I think if you did you would get a much better picture of John Adams. The HBO series was very flawed.