Menu

Oh, my. Tell me if my 8th grader's days are too long

LanaTron

Really? 48-64 hours a week? My middle schoolers spend 6-8 hours per day which breaks down to 30-40 hours per week. This is not including their free reading time in the evenings which is about an hour per day.

Momof7, would you be willing to post a typical schedule for your middle schoolers (or more specifically for your 8th graders)? I may have to post our fall line up and see what others think.

TIA.

Actually, I didn't multiply the right numbers!! I have a splitting migraine that I have had for 2 days that I cannot shake and being pregnant, there isn't much I can take.

8th graders typically do 6-8 hrs per day 5 days per week (I multiplied by 8th grade instead of 5 days!) So, yes, 30-40 hrs per week is correct!

Actually, I didn't multiply the right numbers!! I have a splitting migraine that I have had for 2 days that I cannot shake and being pregnant, there isn't much I can take.

8th graders typically do 6-8 hrs per day 5 days per week (I multiplied by 8th grade instead of 5 days!) So, yes, 30-40 hrs per week is correct!

LOL! I feel so much better. Sorry about your migraine though. I hope you're not in the first trimester, feeling icky stage on top of it all.

LOL! I feel so much better. Sorry about your migraine though. I hope you're not in the first trimester, feeling icky stage on top of it all.

LOL - I feel better too. I was so focused on agreeing with her advice that you can't just chop up the upper level studies that I didn't even do the math. Then I saw that and said 'gee that's almost 13 hours a DAY'. LOL

Sorry to hear about the migraine - momof7. But congratulations. I didn't realize you were expecting. How exciting.

Heather

This is highly based on the suggested schedule from Sahamamama. ;)

I'm glad those suggestions helped in some way. BTW, I peeked at your blog afterward, and your four children are adorable. I LOVE the photo of your oldest son -- the one whose schedule we've been tweaking! -- doing a cannonball into the pool. I got soaked just looking the pictures.

Aaaahhhh, the carefree days of summer in childhood, LOL. I remember... Now, where's the pool? :001_smile: Marco! Polo! Marco! Polo!