Menu

My @*%# dog just put big ol' cracks in my leaded glass front door!

UGH! We took this dog (standard poodle) in in December. My front door has a section of leaded glass in it. She jumped on it before and put a small crack in one panel, but today she put SEVERAL cracks in a larger panel. I am SICK about this and haven't a clue what to do!!! If I have the glass repaired she will just do it again! The door has two side panels with matching leaded glass as well as a leaded glass transom above it. Even if I put in a solid door, I have no idea how I would EVER match the stain on the existing other sections!! It is some elaborate stain process (we didn't build the house), and, on top of that, of course it has been subjected to weather changes. Any ideas? I really just wanted someone to feel sorry for me. :(:(:(

UGH! We took this dog (standard poodle) in in December. My front door has a section of leaded glass in it. She jumped on it before and put a small crack in one panel, but today she put SEVERAL cracks in a larger panel. I am SICK about this and haven't a clue what to do!!! If I have the glass repaired she will just do it again! The door has two side panels with matching leaded glass as well as a leaded glass transom above it. Even if I put in a solid door, I have no idea how I would EVER match the stain on the existing other sections!! It is some elaborate stain process (we didn't build the house), and, on top of that, of course it has been subjected to weather changes. Any ideas? I really just wanted someone to feel sorry for me. :(:(:(

plenty of pity. I'm sorry :(.

Ugh! Do you think she'll outgrow it?(jumping, that is). Maybe a plexiglass shield over the side-lites and the front door would work until she learns not to jump up there. A good dog trainer might have some suggestions. On the other hand, if you decide to take the stained glass over the dog, let me know. I've always wanted a standard poodle - I've got a small miniature now. :-)

I do feel sorry for your situation. Also we had a dog break a door glass once and didn't think anything about it. Then the dog jumped up on the glass several hours later and her paw went through it and she was very badly injured. I don't know if this could happen with your dog , but I wanted to give you a heads up.

She is 4.5 years old, so I don't think she is going to outgrow it, however! She is a VERY good watch dog. I do think the plexiglass idea might be a good one! I feel certain that replacing the glass bits that are cracked would be cheaper than replacing the whole door. Right now the glass is still in there, but if she does it again, it's gonna go out! Dh says he will do "something" with it tonight. I am sure he will put tape over it. And, even though plexiglass wouldn't be particularly lovely, I bet it wouldn't be all that noticeable. Good idea! I am going to go hang with my brother Jack (Daniels), and that will help a little. ;)