Menu

How long do you spend per day/lesson on CLE math?

My older son has done CLE math 2 years; we started 3rd grade last week.

It takes probably 30 minutes--he usually does the "We Remember" (independent portion) FIRST (he works from an assignment sheet so he can start while I'm working with the second son) and that takes about 20 minutes.

Then we work together for 10-15--flash cards, speed drill, new material. So 30 minutes a day or a little longer.

I LOVE CLE math. I was a middle and high school math teacher, and I can say--the scope and sequence is great; the material it covers and the way it reviews is fabulous. Obviously every program isnt' perfect for every kid, but this is a good program and will work with many--

Betsy

Hi,

I am considering this math program for my soon to be 1st & 4th graders this fall and am wondering, on average, how long does it usually take to get through a lesson. I realize that different kids move at different paces, but I'm just trying to get a general idea.

TIA,

My 1rst grader takes 15 minutes, my 2cnd grader takes 20-25 minutes and my 5th grader takes about 40 minutes including drill work, review and full lesson. I expect it to take aprrox 55 minutes once we get into 7th grade.

~~Faithe

• 1 month later...
Guest lahmeh

I'm so sorry...I just saw your reply. IMHO it's very easy to teach. My dc have both scored 100% on all their tests so far and they are about half way through the school year. We haven't run into any problems yet (and hope it stays that way!) :)

Dot just experienced her very first test in which she got a question wrong... she crossed out the wrong shape because she wasn't paying enough attention. The poor girl completely melted down. she is SUCH a perfectionist, and she didn't understand why I couldn't let her fix the mistake and mark it right. :sad:

Never mind, that was the ONLY mistake. :tongue_smilie: