Menu

Mom, I think the bathtub is posessed.

Last night, the 9 yr. old comes to me and says that the bathtub was making a really strange noise while she was showering in. I told her that is was probably just the water sounds in the pipes. She told me that she didn't think so and anyhow it was still making it after she turned off the water. I told her not to worry about it and didn't give it another thought. About 30 mins. later the 16 yr. old comes and say that there is a strange noise coming from the bathroom and that the cats wouldn't go in there. So I decided to investigate. I went to the bathroom and sure enough there was a very loud vibrating sound coming from the bathrub. So I go over to check it out and find an electric toothbrush had been left on in the bottom of the tub. I bust out laughing and went to tell the family that I had exercised the bathtub and it was now safe again. :tongue_smilie:

After taking a shower one day I thought my exhaust fan was sounding a little funny and because we once had one start on fire I was more than a little worried! I turned off the fan and the noise was still there. I rushed to the basement and turned the power off for the bathroom. I went back in and the noise was still there! I turned the power back on now realizing it wasn't the exhaust fan if it wasn't getting any power. I went back to the bathroom and found that the noise was coming from the shower wall. I could hear something vibrating in the wall. I was convinced that a pipe was going to burst! Called dh at work and he was totally confused. I told my dc to only use the bathroom if necessary. I checked on it throughout the day and the wall kept vibrating!

When dh got home that evening he checked it out and couldn't figure it out either. He was convinced that something was in the wall that got turned on. He was about ready to rip open the wall when he took the shower caddy off of the shower head and found my vibrating razor was left on! We had a good laugh with our friends that night. My husband retold the story to everyone and I was crying from laughing so much.

This happened about three years ago, but I will occasionally leave my razor on and my husband will call me into the bathroom telling me that there is a strange sound coming from the shower! I think this is a story that will be passed down for generations.:tongue_smilie: