Menu

Arabic copybooks

In case anyone is interested, I think there are some folks here with Arabic students...

I've put together a couple of copybooks for my younger to practice his handwriting, average of four lines per page with a picture to color. I used two books he's already familiar with in English - The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17219400/Arabic-Copybook-The-Wizard-of-Oz

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17219020/Arabic-copybook-Alice-in-Wonderland

Which Arabic word processor you use to make that book ?
We have Arabic-enabled Windows, so I typed them in Microsoft Word. I can use any Microsoft program (or even internet Explorer) and type Arabic in it (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).

Getting it ready for Scribd is trickier, to make it so that even someone without Arabic enabled could see it properly. I go through the extra step of screen-capturing each page (basically converting it to pictures instead of text) before creating a pdf file. The finished product comes out a tad fuzzy, but especially for such large font I think it's ok.

Would it be possible to provide a translation also? Maybe the same text on a different sheet or something like that. Or just let me know what they say.
I could do that. It would be easiest for me to just type out a translation in a separate word document and send it to you, like:

Page 1

line 1

line 2

line 3

line 4

if you think that would work for you? Eventually I could go back and put translations on each page of the original document, but that'll have to wait until I have more free time which would be, hmmm, October-ish?

I've typed out English translations in Excel, the row number corresponds to the page number in each book. I tried to keep to the line breaks, but you understand in some cases it wasn't possible just because of structural differences btw Arabic and English.

If you are interested in the files pm me your email and I will send them along...