Menu

Making workbook copies

Mommamia

No, I don't think you're allowed to make copies. Some parents use plastic sheets for dc to write on and then clean them off. In our case, my dd only did one workbook page and one review page per lesson (except in Epsilon) and ds does the others as needed, or the tests. We do use 2 math courses now, but didn't when we first started Alpha.

I have alwasy bought each child a workbook of their own. There was not enough savings photocopying to make it worthwhile. The student books are not that expensive imo. My 2 big kids are always working through the same books at the same time so using page protectors would not work for us at all.

There are no copyright laws against copying any book for your own personal purposes.

I believe, however, that the law states you can make one copy for academic purposes. Some workbooks specifically say that you can make copies for your own family. What authors and publishers don't want is for people to make copies and sell them and/or make them for an entire coop without permission. This is illegal, and highly unethical. That's how authors make their living, and there are very few authors who can make a full time living from writing (ie, they're not getting rich, so you're not robbing the wealthy by doing that.)