Menu

Returning -- Have questions about NoVa co-ops.....(more)

Hi -- I've been absent from this board for almost two years, BUT now that I am considering h-s-ing this fall, I have some questions, and I know that I will get excellent info from the people on this Board.

I would like to homeschool all three children (10yrs and 8 yr old twins) this fall, BUT I am looking into co-ops in Fairfax County and Loudoun County, Virginia. Does anyone have info about their particular favorites or any experiences they can share with me?

Thanks in Advance -- Mariann:confused:

There's a co-op at Harvester Church (PCA, I think) called Harvester Teaching Services. It's on Rolling Road in Lorton (may be Alexandria up there, I'm not sure).

There's also a wonderful resource called ShareNet. I think you could google it and see how to get on it--it's a listing of activities, co-ops, classes, classifieds, etc that comes thru email 2ce a month.

The three I have heard about are

Classical Conversations (several in this area, I've looked into Leesburg)

Covenant Learning Co-op

http://www.lchec.org/CLC/CLCmain.htm

TNT at Reston Bible Church

Contact info:

TNT Homeschool (Kindergarten - 6th grade)

smithflock@verizon.net

Also, I am going to organize a hiking/nature group next year. I want to take the kids to a local trail about once a week. If you're interested in that, just email me.

Summer

ds6, ds4, ds2, ds#4 arriving in December

......Also, I am going to organize a hiking/nature group next year. I want to take the kids to a local trail about once a week. If you're interested in that, just email me.

Summer

ds6, ds4, ds2, ds#4 arriving in December

Along these lines, are you aware of Rust Sancutuary near Leasburg? It's run by the Audobon Naturalist Society (NOT part of the national organization). They have some excellent classes and for a group, they would put on something special.

Along these lines, are you aware of Rust Sancutuary near Leasburg? It's run by the Audobon Naturalist Society (NOT part of the national organization). They have some excellent classes and for a group, they would put on something special.

Thank you! I'll check into it. I've been to the trails there but haven't looked into classes.

Summer

THANKS to everyone who replied! I am a subscriber to sharenet and that is a great resource. Last night I emailed 'classical conversations,' 'mclean homeschooling group,' 'covenant,' and Eva Goldstein (teaches IEW in Ashburn)...and I did come across the RUST offrings which I will look into further. Decision time, apparently! Thanks again -- Mariann