Menu

Drawing a blank!

Help! A few weeks ago, there was a post about a really interesting, albeit expensive, history curriculum. The thread mentioned finding a set on ebay at a good price. It looked like it had something to do with pirates/ocean voyages and had tons of books. I was interested in finding out more about the curriculum and thought I bookmarked the thread but I can't find it.

Can anyone help me remember the name of the curriculum?

Thank you!

Cathy

Adventures in Sea and Sky!!! That's the one! Thank you, SnowWhite!

And thank you for the Learning Adventures posts! Now I have a new curriculum to check out!!

This coming year will be my first year homeschooling and I've been trying to match my curriculum to the goals for the NC Standard course of study. However, with history, they seem to study history by geography. Fifth graders, for example, should learn about history involving the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Central America. I just don't see how you can break history down by geography or how it can be learned in bits and pieces like that so I've been looking for a curriculum that gave a little bit of world history for my ds to get his feet wet but in a fun way. I think I may drive myself crazy trying to find the best fits for ds and, if I don't go insane finding it, I may go insane trying to implement it!

Thank you again for helping my foggy memory!

Cathy