Menu

What do you use with MUS?

We really like MUS but some times my dd just gets stuck with it. I'm thinking about using another program (or parts of it) along side it. I'm trying to decide between MEP and mammoth math. Does anyone combine these, or use a different program? How easy is it to line them up? She's working in Beta right now.

She really likes the videos and blocks, they help a lot. Were the problem comes is when she has trouble understanding a concept. To stay on the practice pages for so long bores her. So I'm thinking a different look/approach might help with that.

Edited by HomesteadMommy

I have Professor B for the "side" math. I just pull it out when they get stuck on a topic. I like how he explains things. I got it cheap from Homeschool Classifieds. Maybe you could chek there for a secondary math that you are interested in. All of the best!

I have Professor B for the "side" math. I just pull it out when they get stuck on a topic. I like how he explains things. I got it cheap from Homeschool Classifieds. Maybe you could chek there for a secondary math that you are interested in. All of the best!

Thanks! I'd hadn't heard of Professor B. It looks pretty good. :001_smile:

Well, if she gets it, she doesn't have to do all the sheets.

LOL Well if she got it then she wouldn't be doing them all. :tongue_smilie: Problem is when she does not get it, but gets stuck on the same work for so long. I think it's the presentation mostly all the pages look the same. So sitting on one topic for a long time bores her. It also frustrates her a lot also. I was thinking that when she gets stuck if I could alternate types of work sheets it might help. A different presentation or process might click better.

Our latest struggle was on rounding and estimating. She just couldn't get it with there method. Once I found some helps online and made my own sheets it clicked.