Menu

The Story of Us users-- what else do I need?

astrid

We're moving from SOTW 4 to U.S. History this year and I've chosen Joy Hakim's The History of US. What else do I need besides the books? Dd is used to the supplemental sheets, outlining and tests that go along with each SOTW chapter.

What do you use with the books?

Thanks,

Astrid (finally about to crack open the big Rainbow Resource catalog!)

You can get a book of tests for the entire series from RRC. There are 6-8 tests per book. Additionally, there are rubrics in the front of the book for persuasive, descriptive, expository, and narrative writing, as well as primary source evaluation.

You can easily outline from these books, as they are written in paragraph format and the chapters are very short. They contain tons of terms and vocabulary in margin boxes that could be used for discussion, written work, etc. There's a chronology at the end of each that could also be utilized.

The index book is also a sourcebook that contains many, many primary source documents. There are also tons of vocab terms in the margins of this book. There's a list of presidents at the end, along with some info about them. There's a glossary of terms in the back that could be used for questions, discussion, etc.