Menu

I feel like we have a new van. I just finished my attempt at detailing it.

Wow, congrats! Much of our vans "owies" are on the outside. Including where my now 6 year old, at about 3, did "art work" on my car....TWICE in one week. And, I had my first accident...pulling into a parking space of all places!

Anyway, I do know how it feels to get all the gum scraped off.

Carrie:-)

I always wondered when the term 'detailing' started being used, LOL. I always just called it 'cleaning' LOL. I remember taking my car to a detailing place. I asked them what they would be doing....and pretty much....just cleaning out my car.......I still wonder....why do they call it detailing? LOL.....

[quote=Tammy;1012318]I always wondered when the term 'detailing' started being used, LOL. I always just called it 'cleaning' LOL. I remember taking my car to a detailing place. I asked them what they would be doing....and pretty much....just cleaning out my car.......I still wonder....why do they call it detailing? LOL.....

Because usually men take care of the car. And they don't just clean, they detail. Cleaning is what women do. Detailing is something you can be proud of. Cleaning is mundane and expected--no credit to the cleaner.

Now, that I've read this, I think I will detail the house.