Menu

30-Day Shred - 6/13 check-in

Day 3 for me.

DH, who is very supportive of my exercising efforts, did it with me this morning!

I feel like each day something different hurts, but some parts are getting easier. I do better keeping up with the cardio by the 2nd and 3rd circuits. Still peter out on the side-lunge thingies, though.

last night was day 2 of the shred for me.

I was real tempted to not do it, because I was really sore in some spots. I put it off until 8:30, and then figured I better do it.

Funny thing happened yesterday, I went to get my hair done, and was plotting to run thru a burger place on my way there. It didn't happen, ran out of time. So I get out of my appt. at 2 pm, starving..and I'm plotting on my way home about getting the burger and fries, decide to go to the place near home and take it home... when I hear Jillian Micheal's voice on the radio saying something like,

"You know that eating that burger and fries is not a healthy option if you want to get fit and be healthy." something like that.

!! (she does a show on our local station on Sunday mornings, this was a spot for that)

I went home and had a healthy lunch.:tongue_smilie:

Did your dvd come with just the workouts or more? When I did it for a couple of days and would watch the beginning before the workout began, JM talks about the 30 day shred "program" that includes diet, etc. Did you all get that too? Like I said, I just have the dvd workouts with nothing else.

last night was day 2 of the shred for me.

I was real tempted to not do it, because I was really sore in some spots. I put it off until 8:30, and then figured I better do it.

Funny thing happened yesterday, I went to get my hair done, and was plotting to run thru a burger place on my way there. It didn't happen, ran out of time. So I get out of my appt. at 2 pm, starving..and I'm plotting on my way home about getting the burger and fries, decide to go to the place near home and take it home... when I hear Jillian Micheal's voice on the radio saying something like,

"You know that eating that burger and fries is not a healthy option if you want to get fit and be healthy." something like that.

!! (she does a show on our local station on Sunday mornings, this was a spot for that)

I went home and had a healthy lunch.:tongue_smilie:

That's too funny! :lol:

I mentioned in your first thread that I had stopped because I'd hurt my back. At the time I wondered if the video could have contributed, but since I do Judo and run/walk, I thought it was probably the Judo.

I did the video yesterday and the same joint in my back has flaired up. I'm on vacation, and haven't done Judo in over a week. I made sure to use proper form that the Physical Therapist taught me, and I can barely sit or stand and am on vicodin for the pain.

So I'm quitting the video. I'm so mad, because I like it. Guess I'll have to add in Pilates or Yoga for strength. Hrpmh.

Did your dvd come with just the workouts or more? When I did it for a couple of days and would watch the beginning before the workout began, JM talks about the 30 day shred "program" that includes diet, etc. Did you all get that too? Like I said, I just have the dvd workouts with nothing else.

I have invested about $17 between the video and the weights, and that is all I am going to do. If I fail, it won't be too expensive!

I mentioned in your first thread that I had stopped because I'd hurt my back. At the time I wondered if the video could have contributed, but since I do Judo and run/walk, I thought it was probably the Judo.

I did the video yesterday and the same joint in my back has flaired up. I'm on vacation, and haven't done Judo in over a week. I made sure to use proper form that the Physical Therapist taught me, and I can barely sit or stand and am on vicodin for the pain.

So I'm quitting the video. I'm so mad, because I like it. Guess I'll have to add in Pilates or Yoga for strength. Hrpmh.

You haven't quit...you have redirected your efforts! I hope you find something you like for strenght.

Getting ready to try again now! I will probably lose steam about halfway through, but I'll try to hang in there.

It does get easier at some point right?? :willy_nilly:

So far, it hasn't much for me. But I am hoping after a week or so, it will.