Menu

Five-day schedule calendar template/layout??

way2cross

I don't know about Sonlight or WP but I'm really loving Homeschool Tracker.

I was skeptical at first b/c I was somewhat afraid it would be just one more thing that would get me excited but still wouldn't work for me.

HOWEVER . . . I just love it. It is a lot of work up front to plug everything in but then, all I have to do is get up, pull out my laptop, click on HSt and voila! The day's list (book, chapter, page number, assignment, whatever I put in) is there waiting for me.

Thanks to an illness in the middle of the year we got behind school. We ALWAYS have the problem of me being a bit disorganized and putting things off, et c. I would have great ideas but so many went unrealized b/c they would go in a mental holding pattern till we . . . whatever. So, b/c we're behind a bit, we're doing a few things in summer (math, religion, memory, latin). I only entered those things. I didn't create a daily hour-by-hour schedule, though, I just created them in a list to do each day. I included assignments, page numbers, et c. We both (my student and I) love it! It has really kept us on track. It so nice to be able to see what needs to be done, click it off as we go, and get such satisfaction from clicking the last thing and knowing it all got done. This has really been such a blessing for us.

For the new school yr this autumn, I'm creating a daily schedule with a school to do list. We don't really want to schedule most of our subjects at a specific time. Rather, I am making a day that looks more like Rise and Morning routine from 7-8, School from 8-3, Evening routine 6-8 and schedule our outside activities in, too. That's just an example, btw. We haven't quite decided how we want that part to work. In addition to that, though, we will continue our school list as we did it this summer. So, all of our daily work will be in a separate to do list that will pop up and we can check off as we complete them. I will also make my own that will include my own morning routine, cleaning schedule, instrument practice, et c.

Another thing I really like is that I can do all three kinds of planning that I like:

1) Daily scheduling

2)assignment, chapter, page, et c for workbook, prepkgd curricula

3)lesson planning for units I make myself.

I know, I sound like the HST sales rep. I'm not (though, HST, if you're listening, feel free to toss a commission my way!) but it reaally has made that much of a difference for us!

I feel the same way about cybeRShala and lonepine classical. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!