Menu

Looking for Latin for 8th grader..Not sure about Henle

kjdkek

After a suggestion from one of the ladies on here I decided to look at Henle Latin. It looks hard,very hard. The samples are not very good. Is there another program out there that maybe has dvd's or even a cd that tells us the correct pronunciation. We really like LC1 with the dvd's, it makes it effortless. Maybe its a little too easy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Erin

After a suggestion from one of the ladies on here I decided to look at Henle Latin. It looks hard,very hard. The samples are not very good. Is there another program out there that maybe has dvd's or even a cd that tells us the correct pronunciation. We really like LC1 with the dvd's, it makes it effortless. Maybe its a little too easy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Erin

You can buy a pronounciation CD for Henle. http://www.acbooks.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ACB&Product_Code=STAx2r

We're jumping into First Form Latin next fall. If you received the Memoria Press catalog, you can view extremely small sample pages. I like the set-up. Although FFL utilizes parts-to-whole instruction, dd wants to give the program a try and supplement with a Latin reading program such as Latin Via Ovid or Cambridge. FFL will contain 4 high level courses each worth 1 full high school Latin credit. If we don't take any breaks from Latin, we should finish the series prior to 10th grade.