Menu

I need a vacuum that....

picks up big things..like clumps of dog hair and bedding from guinea pig cages. Every vacuum I've had gets clogged so easily. My hubby says I need to pick up the bigger stuff by hand but I still have a dream that there is the perfect vacuum out there that never clogs.....

Maybe a shop vac would work for you. We had one. You can suck up the entire contents of the guinea pig cage with one of those. And they aren't terribly expensive. You can wash the inside of it too (you will need to if you suck up really gross things).

You took the words right out of my mouth ( or out of my fingers maybe I should say. ;) )

Shop vacs are so much more powerful than household vacs and they have many attachments that you can use with them. You can even buy a separate attachment kit if you wish. They work GREAT and you can find them at any Home Depot or Lowes. :)

Thanks for the idea of getting a Shop Vac. :001_smile: I am sick of constantly having to work on unclogging the one I have. When it officially dies, I will look into getting a Shop Vac.

I would try a Dyson or an Oreck, but they cost too much. Hopefully , the Shop Vacs are less expensive than those.

Dyson ?

Absolutely! I love my Dyson.

With 6 kids (5 of them boys), my Dyson is always picking up little lego pieces or such, and this vacuum is amazing. It comes apart at most every joint so that anything stuck can be dislodged. I really did marvel at the engineering of the thing! Very durable. HTH

Shop vacs make a higher pitched sound (at least mine does). Just mentioning that in case it's an issue. It's great for the stuff you mentioned, but I'd hate to use one everyday. I am very sensitive to anything that makes a high pitched noise.

You can get a decent one, for about $40 though so no big loss it it only lasts a couple of years.

Thanks for the idea of getting a Shop Vac. :001_smile: I am sick of constantly having to work on unclogging the one I have. When it officially dies, I will look into getting a Shop Vac.

I would try a Dyson or an Oreck, but they cost too much. Hopefully , the Shop Vacs are less expensive than those.

Yep!! They are much less expensive. They are usually able to be used wet or dry which is a plus. Mine is like that. I just take off the easy to remove filter and voila! it's a wet vac. :) The only thing about shop vacs that I don't like, is that they have notoriously short cords. If you don't already have an extension cord you'll need to get one to use with a shop vac most likely, but even still it will be less than a Dyson or an Oreck. :)