Menu

Who was it who made a 180-day Excel schedule?

I don't know if that's me, but I do make a 180 day Excel schedule for each subject. Then I just keep track of which days we're doing each week, and copy it into dd's assignment book for the week. It's worked out really well, and dd has done beautifully with the added responsibility. I would say it's actually improved her attitude towards schoolwork. :) The 180 day Excel schedules have improved my attitude towards each week's prep. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing your samples. May I ask, how far in advance do you type into the spreadsheet the assigned work? I mean, for example, do you plan the entire year in advance or do you do it weekly, monthly?? Thank you for your reply. :)

I did most of it for the entire year. I've started working on next year and there are some I'm not doing the entire year - math, because I'm just not sure where we'll be, and spelling, because I don't know if we're going to outpace the publication rate, for instance.

I did have to re-do a couple when we got 'behind' but I don't re-do if we get 'ahead.' When we finished the assigned lit for the year, for example, dd still had to read, but it was just a "mom-approved" book (as opposed to re-reading American Girl books for the nth time ;) ).

I did most of it for the entire year. I've started working on next year and there are some I'm not doing the entire year - math, because I'm just not sure where we'll be, and spelling, because I don't know if we're going to outpace the publication rate, for instance.

I did have to re-do a couple when we got 'behind' but I don't re-do if we get 'ahead.' When we finished the assigned lit for the year, for example, dd still had to read, but it was just a "mom-approved" book (as opposed to re-reading American Girl books for the nth time ;) ).

Thank you so much for your reply. :) Do you write up the schedule for the year on the computer and then just print it out a month at a time? I'm going to try your method for this next year. I did a year schedule this last year, but I want something better than what I did.