Menu

New WTM book

mom4him

Ok, I am admitting, I have not as yet bought this book. I am so book poor all the time.:tongue_smilie:I went to boarders and it is almost $40.:confused: Um, well, I don't think so at this time.

So I came home and looked at Amazon. I can get the new edition for $26.37 ppd or a 2004 ed. for $20ppd. So is the new edition really worth the extra $6.37? I can always think of a ton of places I can spend those extra $$'s in school books. Would the 2004 give me a good idea of everything she is talking about or do I just need to go ahead and get the 2009?:bigear:

Ok, I am admitting, I have not as yet bought this book. I am so book poor all the time.:tongue_smilie:I went to boarders and it is almost $40.:confused: Um, well, I don't think so at this time.

So I came home and looked at Amazon. I can get the new edition for $26.37 ppd or a 2004 ed. for $20ppd. So is the new edition really worth the extra $6.37? I can always think of a ton of places I can spend those extra $$'s in school books. Would the 2004 give me a good idea of everything she is talking about or do I just need to go ahead and get the 2009?:bigear:

Okay, think of it this way. Think of all the money you will SAVE because the recommendations in the book will prevent you from buying unnecessary stuff and programs that would not have worked. All the detailed literature and reading lists will help you make better use of your library. If you use her questions for literature discussion and her explanations of how to have your child write about what they've read, you won't need a separate literature program. Her detailed instructions on outlining in the new edition will save you a bundle on writing curricula, making the new edition definitely worth the extra $6.

So I came home and looked at Amazon. I can get the new edition for $26.37 ppd or a 2004 ed. for $20ppd.

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, I truly don't mean to sideswipe your post, but could someone PLEASE post the link to the new book on Amazon for me????

I keep plugging it in and . . .(honestly, I'm looking at the Amazon page right now)

search string: "The Well Trained Mind"

search results:

1. kant and the mind by andrew brook

2.can't you talk louder, god by steve shultz

3. the writings of. . ..

I had tried earlier this a.m. and came up with CA tour guides. Tried plugging in her name and the kindle version came up, but I couldn't get anywhere from there.

Thanks.

I'm definitely "old hat" when it comes to ordering from Amazon. (It's the reason that the UPS man, Jon -- originally from the UK, and I are so friendly.)

I don't know what was up with it this a.m. though!