Menu

Looking for a cool name for a Christian Homeschool Science Club (cc)

I am teaching a Science club this summer for 2nd-5th graders in our homeschool group to cover water conservation and environmental issues. I am wanting to come up with a cool (and biblically supported) name for our group.

I came up with the following:

Shields of the Earth: based on Psalm 47:9b "For the shields of the earth belong to God; He is highly exalted.", but in that verse I believe "Shields" refers to the leaders of the nations...so it wouldn't be a proper interpretation.

Then I came up with:

Guardians of the Garden: based on Genesis 2:15 "Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it." I looked up the Greek word used for "keep" and it could translate to guard.

I'm really leaning toward Guardians of the Garden - but do you think that works? I mean our goal is to be guardians of the earth, but I like how Guardian and Garden go well together.

I know I'm WAY over-thinking this...I would like feedback. If you have other suggestions for names (please include the biblical support) that would be great too!

Blessings,

Angela