Menu

Ds has big white pustule on his gums (and the dentist is closed today)

My 11 ds has a large white pustule on the outside of his upper gums. It is swollen around the tooth (which is an adult tooth with a filling). I have never seen something like this. He said he just noticed it this morning and that it hurts about a 4 on a scale of 1-10. I'll call dentist in the morning but he is closed today.

I am thinking it is some kind of infection or absess in that tooth. Something that is going to cause major inconvenience, pain, and expense.

Any chance it is something else more benign than that? He had a good checkup a month ago.

Thanks.

Marie

It sounds like an abcess which is very painful if left untreated. I know you said your dentist is closed today but I'd call the emergency line. maybe the on call dentist can call in a prescription for an antibiotic for him. Many times if the abcess is bad, they'll have you on antibiotics until it's gone before they will do any work. I hope it's not one.

It sounds like an abcess which is very painful if left untreated. I know you said your dentist is closed today but I'd call the emergency line. maybe the on call dentist can call in a prescription for an antibiotic for him. Many times if the abcess is bad, they'll have you on antibiotics until it's gone before they will do any work. I hope it's not one.

:iagree: