Menu

5-yr-old Dd Funny

So, I look out the kitchen window to check on dd 5.5 and see her and her best friend sitting down about 50 feet apart. As I'm watching, dd kicks out her legs and screeches a couple times in the direction of her friend. :001_huh: I call her over to check it out. The conversation goes something like this:

Me: What is the screaming about, dd?

dd: We're having a disagreement.

Me: Is screaming the best way to handle a problem? What's the matter, anyway?

dd: Well, df and I both want pink and she said I couldn't have it.

df pipes up: She likes pink, but I like pink, too!

Me (handling it from a Christian point of view): It sounds like one of you will have to prefer the other to yourself. (I go off into some Bible verses that dd has just been memorizing.) By the way, what is it?

dd & df: A dress.

Me: A dress? Where? What dress?

dd: It's a pretend dress.

df: Yeah, there's only one and she said . . .

Me (trying to keep a straight face): Tell you what: why don't you just pretend two dresses and then you won't have a problem.

[The phone in the house begins to ring.]

dd, obviously not happy with my solution: Well, I was pretending a clothes store and there was only one pink dress . . .

Me, interrupting: Look, then you can give that dress to df, she can pretend two dresses, give one to you, and everyone will be happy . . . (Mumbling to myself as I go off to get the phone . . .)

:lol::lol::lol:

Is it normal for 5-yr-old girls to fight over pretend stuff? Whoever said that homeschoolers aren't socialized?!?!?

Still laughing,

Mama Anna

LOL We went out for dinner Mother's Day. My ds3 was standing next to me as we were finishing up. He was looking off at an empty table and chattering away. When I asked what he had said, thinking he was talking to me, He replied, "I am talking to those pretend people over there." and pointed to the empty table. Dh and I LOL