Menu

The Anxiety Support Group Teachers Lounge 3-19-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all, and welcome to the Lounge!

Matthew 6:25-34 

â€œTherefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his span of life? ..."

This is what I need to tell myself a lot lately, including today. I've had severe to mild bouts of anxiety since 2014. I haven't had an 'episode' in quite awhile but today it is trying to butt its way in uninvited. It may have something to do with the car accident we witnessed last night - and are so thankful we were not IN it. Because that totally could have been the case. Working on calming my internal storm this morning.

What are you dealing with today? Here: besides that, nothing huge. Normal 'off schedule' routine for us. I refuse to worry about that. We will get it done.

What are you looking forward to today? Here: I may have to schedule an impromptu writers group meeting tonight. With a ton on my plate, I said we wouldn't have one but I think I could use the laughter. We'll see. 

What's a unique and new assingment for your kids/students? Here: For my dd's final high school papers I'm assigning her one on a new-to-us breed of dog she discovered she really likes: bloodhound. and the second one will be an overview on where and how to buy a beach house. She's convinced she wants one and will buy one. I'm all for it! And she needs to know what to do to get herself there. Real life papers make more sense to me than some randomly assigned topic.

Talk to me! :bigear: 

I’m sorry you are fending off anxiety, it’s a beast sometimes. And I’m so sorry you witnessed an accident. That is always disturbing. We witnessed one several years ago on our way home from a family gathering. It was awful, especially because we would have been in it if one of our dc hadn’t announced that she needed to use the bathroom and we were turning off to do that. If we had continued on straight, we’d have been in a multi-car wreck. Terrifying.

What am I dealing with? Getting over a cold, first day back from spring break and nonstop rain. All yuck.

What am I looking forward to? Bedtime tonight.

Unique assignments? None right now. Just want to power through to the end of the year.

Thanks for visiting us today, scholastica! Bedtime sounds lovely! However, it doesn't really pay the bills.

So...I'll fend off my want for a comfy bed and soft blanket until tonight. ;-)

Sent my dd19 on a walk to the corner convenience store for some food since I'm too  lazy to make lunch and she

was willing! Started Roman history with ds13 today. Now trying to figure out where I have a better 'picture' of Romulus and Remus. So many resources I have and I don't know where this one is! Off I go again . . .

(The anxiety is a little better at the moment but I kind of feel like I'm just waiting "for the other shoe to drop", if you kwim?

Hi Scrap!

Sorry about the anviety monster! Praying for the peace that passes understanding for you.

Today I am dealing with the first day after Spring Break. Ds is unmotivated to work and ornery. Dd is sweet and works hard, but is slooow and beset by middle grade brain fog.

Looking forward to. Well, it's almost 5 pm here. I too enjoy bedtime! Time to read fun books and relax. Quiet house, no one requiring my attention, work done.

No interesting assignments here right now. Plain vanilla sort of schoolwotk. But we have two FTs this week and one next week! Also, beginning to plan a course on American music for Ds. He is a rocker!

Thanks for visiting us today, scholastica! Bedtime sounds lovely! However, it doesn't really pay the bills.

So...I'll fend off my want for a comfy bed and soft blanket until tonight. ;-)

Sent my dd19 on a walk to the corner convenience store for some food since I'm too  lazy to make lunch and she

was willing! Started Roman history with ds13 today. Now trying to figure out where I have a better 'picture' of Romulus and Remus. So many resources I have and I don't know where this one is! Off I go again . . .

(The anxiety is a little better at the moment but I kind of feel like I'm just waiting "for the other shoe to drop", if you kwim?

I so know what you mean about the waiting for the other shoe to drop. Prayers that it continues to ease.