Menu

tabletop divider to make individual workspace

I made one once. I bought a tri-fold display board used for science fairs and cut it in half so it wasn't as tall. I had one for each child. They could tape things up on it for school or personalize it.

Edited by Mona
  • Like 2

Here are examples of cardboard tri-fold display boards cut in half (horizontally), so you can get 2 dividers out of one tri-fold display board. Jazz them up and add pockets and/or clips for learning resources, or schedule, or other work handy, if it doesn't distract the student.

post-600-0-60293300-1512498607_thumb.jpg

post-600-0-50800400-1512498619_thumb.jpg

post-600-0-86683300-1512498629_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have something like this? How did you make it?

I have had folding "screens" in the past my two could put to use when they wanted, but they never really liked them.  Our dining room table stays set up as our homeschool table, with a tablecloth to protect the nice wood of the table.  The cloth is red, so I ran a black ribbon across it and pinned it in place as a center line.  My two kids each get one half of their side of the table, and the ribbon marks the boundary.  We have stiff plastic placemats for writing surfaces, which also help to delineate work space from book-piling space.