Menu

Accountability Thread 10/15-10/21

I have a orthodontist appt tomorrow morning that will mess up school, but it's the only time I could reschedule to after cancelling last week when the car died and the kids got sick.

Then DS has online class

Then I'll try and get as much done with everyone after 1pm as I can, but I don't have high hopes.

I'm absolutely dreading this week. DH leaves in the morning and then I'll only have one more day with him (Friday) until the Saturday before thanksgiving. And we've stalled as much as possible but need to say goodbye to our beloved cat this week. There are a lot of good things mixed up in all of this but I can't even think about them right now..

Also on the list for the week-- cleaning out the fridge, packing our bags, preparing snow gear and bedding for our return. Packing things for the temporary house into the trailer.

• Like 2

Today is the first really cool morning we've had in a while. Very nice!

Today's schedule:

French-review lesson, vocabulary, audio

Latin-continue lesson 21, grammar, translation

Math-start 706, 1 lesson, page of KTM

Writing-new spelling words from The Raven, CW Week 5 on description, Grammar exercise

Literature- The Raven, pre-grammar, vocabulary

History-reading, narration

Science-reading, questions

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Grammar, Editing, Housekeeping, Cooking

• Like 2

Thank you for the support. I'm so glad to have this thread :)

Survived our first day. I think we actually got a whole day done. Listened to CHOW in the car back and forth to my appt (not sure I love CHOW.. I didn't check the age & biases before buying during the current audible sale. Faulty science makes me nuts). I got DS through class... Had the kids do a much needed pickup and then they all did all subjects except writing which is ok since we are still in the handwriting/copy work phase for the majority of our time.

I just finished putting my feet up for a bit to increase mental reserves.. Now on to dinner/read aloud/cleaning/bed time. Not necessarily in that order...

• Like 3

Good morning! Almost cold enough for frost this morning.

Today's schedule:

French-Les Portes Tordues

Latin-some translation this morning

Art-Drawing class

Math-Lesson 2, 1 page KTM

Writing-spelling practice

History/Science-swap from yesterday

For me: French, Latin, Art, Geometry, Editing, light housekeeping, Writers' Meeting tonight

• Like 4

Well DH changed the day. He decided to have a Daddy Daughter day. He took her to the park and visited some family and friends.

While they were gone I got to clean both bedrooms and listen to the radio uninterrupted. I needed that.

She found money while they were out and she told me what they were, so coins were covered. Now I just have to get a little bit of phonics.

• Like 2

Good morning! 

On today's list of things to be accomplished:

French-continue lesson 6

Latin-continue lesson 21

Math-Lesson 3, KTM

Writing-Challenge 1, spelling words, sentences, grammar

Literature-reading The Raven, comprehension questions

History-reading, narration

Science-reading, questions

For me: French, Latin, ponder what to do now that I'm out of geometry, grammar, editing, writing, housekeeping, make pizza and chicken nuggets and call cooking good for the week.

• Like 2

I’m joining in today, Wednesday. I’m listing the things I need to do, not what kids need to do:

Breakfast {Done}

Laundry {in progress, though I learned after putting it in the washer that it was CLEAN! [emoji849][emoji13]}

With 4 and 7 yo:

Read book (McBroom’s Zoo—will do this while I eat) {Done}

With 7 yo:

Math {done}

History {done}

Grammar {done}

Reading/spelling {done}

{We ended up doing almost all his normal lessons once we got going. [emoji1373]}

Lunch + Bible, Memory Work, Art study, read aloud {done, plus watching 20 min of travel video about India}

With 13 yo

Review math lesson {done}

Review writing assignment {done}

Look at and listen to geography narrations {done}

With 11 yo:

Latin {done}

Math {done}

Geography narrations {done}

With 13 and 11 yo together:

Read aloud and look at literary elements in Homeless Bird {done}

Listen to Tom Sawyer audiobook, time permitting {will do on way to church tonight}

We also watched CNN10, which is something I mean to do but often forget. [emoji848]

A lot of this depends on the 7 yo and his cold! [emoji855]

We did it! Now it’s supper and church for me and the girls while dh keeps the boys home to recuperate (the 4 yo also has a cold.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 1

The last two days haven't gone quite as I wanted. Baby is miserable either from teeth or from his stuffy nose which makes it hard to nurse, especially at night. His misery is my lack of sleep..I did ok yesterday just sticking to basics but today I had to give up and let the kids watch magic school bus while I went back to sleep.

I'm hoping to salvage the afternoon slightly but I teach catechism today, need to find someone to watch the littles still. Need to get the house clean and need to work on some jobs that are critical for our departure on Friday night so I guess school is taking a back seat.

DD made a cartoon as part of her Latin work yesterday

https://pixton.com/ic:06luxcwx

So I guess this week is not a complete failure :)

• Like 1

Thursday, 10/19

Today we have a pumpkin patch field trip at noon, so the morning window is short.

We usually have Fun Fridays for getting out of our routine, so today I’m calling it Terrific Thursday and planning

Freewriting for the big kids {done, though not well}

Copywork for the little guy (which is actually not a Fun Friday only activity but I can pass it off today as such) {done}

Math games (individual and collective, I hope!) {done—two games, fitting in something for all three school aged kids [emoji1373]}

That’s a very optimistic list! [emoji13]

Kids are still sleeping and it’s 7:30. I haven’t even showered. I’ve got to get it in gear!

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 3

Good morning! Our schedule for today is

Morning time

Latin

Math

Literature

Recitation

Co op

What time is your co op? I’m always amazed and envious of people who can get loads done before leaving the house, especially before co op!

• Like 1

What time is your co op? I’m always amazed and envious of people who can get loads done before leaving the house, especially before co op!

Coop is at 12:45 and believe me, we don't always get it done. Most of the lessons are done orally today too, so that helps quite a bit.

• Like 2

Coop is at 12:45 and believe me, we don't always get it done. Most of the lessons are done orally today too, so that helps quite a bit.

Last year I attempted school before having to be at co op at 12, but it was SO hard to get anything done. This year I just waved the white flag and am teaching a 9 am co op class. [emoji13]

• Like 2

Friday morning

Breakfast/devotion for me {done, minus devotion plus lots of books read to 4 yo}

Laundry {in progress}

With 7 yo:

Math {done}

Reading {done}

Language {done}

Handwriting {done}

Science {done}

Math with 11 yo {done}

Lunchtime + memory work + read aloud {done}

Cnn10/ Read aloud/lit elements discussion/word roots with 11 yo and 13 yo {done}

Latin with 11 yo {done}

Read geography narrations {done}

Math with 13 yo {done}

Writing with 13 yo {done}

Check diagrammed sentence {done}

Listen to and read geography narrations {done}

Laundry again? {never done [emoji13]}

Supper

Get ready to go to highschool football game to see my nephew in the band

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Today's schedule:

French-Movie

Latin-Start lesson 22, DVD, 1 page of workbook

Math-Quiz

Writing-spelling test, grammar exercise, free write

Literature-reading aloud The Raven

Geography-Unit 3, Eastern Europe, finish questions, mapwork

For me: French, Latin, Grammar, Editing, Housekeeping.

• Like 3

Good Morning

Done- Phonics, Bedtime Math, Practice writing and science stories

Clean house

Go for a walk

Teach DD4 how to play hop scotch

Arts and crafts

Play board games

Read aloud's

Trying to distract DD4 she is sad because Daddy is working today and she wanted to play more with him. He works 3 on 4 off.

Edited by Mommyof1
  • Like 3

Good Morning,

Done- she read a Bob book to me. We reviewed the sounds for "th"&"gr". Calendar work and Halloween countdown. Checked the weather and she explained what she saw outside. Cumulus and cumulus nimbus clouds.

Lifeskills- clean up your own mess. Especially toys that she thinks belong on the floor. Practice shoe tying.

Went on a nature walk

My social butterfly got to see and talk to lots of people. Didn't get a play date though.

Used her number cards

Edited by Mommyof1
  • Like 1