What's with the ads?

Photo

Is there a website where I can check French movie ratings?

5 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 madteaparty

madteaparty

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4498 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

I have a list of French films and I'm not having luck with google...Is there a French movie rating system and maybe a searchable database? I just want to make sure these are PG13-ish without having to watch all 10!

• loesje22000 likes this

#2 bibiche

bibiche

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2561 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:54 PM

Did you try AlloCiné?

• loesje22000 likes this

#3 madteaparty

madteaparty

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4498 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:08 PM

Did you try AlloCiné?

I hadn't, but I just cjecked the first one and I still don't see a rating of sorts. Perhaps because it's an old old film? Perhaps because I can't read?

The more immediate question is, what do we think of La Bete Humaine (Jean Renoir) for a 13 yr old?

• loesje22000 likes this

#4 bibiche

bibiche

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2561 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

No, you're right, sorry. I don't see ages either on many films.  I just checked one that I know is too mature for DS (37.2 le matin) to see. That one does say "Interdit aux moins de 12 ans". So maybe it is just the clearly inappropriate films and children's films that have guidance? Dunno.

I haven't seen La Bete Humaine for ages. It is certainly grim and I doubt my DS wouldn't be able to watch it with enjoyment yet. You can watch the trailer. I do love Jean Gabin. 

Here's a list of classic films for kids. There are a few French films listed: http://www.vodkaster...u-xxie-s/823556

• loesje22000 likes this

#5 madteaparty

madteaparty

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4498 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

No, you're right, sorry. I don't see ages either on many films.  I just checked one that I know is too mature for DS (37.2 le matin) to see. That one does say "Interdit aux moins de 12 ans". So maybe it is just the clearly inappropriate films and children's films that have guidance? Dunno.

I haven't seen La Bete Humaine for ages. It is certainly grim and I doubt my DS wouldn't be able to watch it with enjoyment yet. You can watch the trailer. I do love Jean Gabin. 

Here's a list of classic films for kids. There are a few French films listed: http://www.vodkaster...u-xxie-s/823556

Ha, he is not watching it for enjoyment, more for extra credit ;) He doesn't get to pick the movies, and it seems they are going chronologically.

Grim is OK. He just watched It ;)

• loesje22000 and bibiche like this

#6 Joan in GE

Joan in GE

trying to listen....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2854 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

I have a list of French films and I'm not having luck with google...Is there a French movie rating system and maybe a searchable database? I just want to make sure these are PG13-ish without having to watch all 10!

In the days when ours were younger...it seemed their rating here (don't know if CH is different than FR) was looser than in the US...but that was a long time ago so I haven't compared recently.

• loesje22000 likes this