Menu

What are you saving for right now?

mommyoffive

I am currently saving for 2 trips: Washington DC in September and Charleston SC in April. 

I also have various sinking funds at our bank: Christmas, property taxes, DS college/long term savings, our long term savings, car/house repairs. "fun" adult stuff. :-)

I have been mullling a Washington DC trip too. 

My second son is getting married in Jan 2018. Since it's a wedding at Disney, we've already started saving. I'm really looking forward to this wedding but I'm not looking forward to the money that will be flying out of our bank account.

How neat to have a wedding at Disney!

• Like 1

Short Term: A new flat screen TV before the Olympics start next month. My son decided playing badminton in the house was a good idea and hit the shuttlecock into the front of our old one creating a beautiful rainbow of colors across the screen.

Long Term: A trip to Machu PIcchu with two other couples in two years before they shut it down to tourism. Bucket list item for me!

Wait what?  Are they shutting it down forever?  I may have to go there soon.

To buy property and move to the Olympic peninsula in two years. This has been a long time dream, but with the current political climate in our area and the specifics of our family, it has gradually taken on more importance to make the dream of moving to the friendlier west side of our state into our top priority. After our last visit there a couple of months ago, we realized that the only time we are really without major stress and comfortable is when we are there, so all budgets were revised and extra earnings opportunities were sought as soon as we got back -- focus, focus, focus!

Go for your dream

Such a pretty place.

Can I just say our refreshing this thread is? I see all these FB posts of fabulous vacations, new cars, and upgraded homes and think where the heck does all the money come from?!

I'm happy to see "normal" people living with regular money saving for ordinary things. I feel so very normal right now. :)

Oh no

Are you guys all ok?

Amazingly, yes. The car was totaled, and the three of us who were passengers walked away without so much as a scratch.

Now if you're asking whether we're okay since paying three tuition bills, that's another story... (LOL)

Edited by Kinsa

Amazingly, yes. The car was totaled, and the three of us who were passengers walked away without so much as a scratch.

Now if you're asking whether we're okay since paying three tuition bills, that's another story... (LOL)

Ha.  No I was asking if you guys were ok from the crash.  Thank goodness. 

Yeah I am scared when my 5 little kids turn into 5 big kids!

college!!

Can I just say our refreshing this thread is? I see all these FB posts of fabulous vacations, new cars, and upgraded homes and think where the heck does all the money come from?!

I'm happy to see "normal" people living with regular money saving for ordinary things. I feel so very normal right now. :)

I know right?  I think a lot of people are living above their means.  

• Like 1