Menu

What are you doing this year for self-education?

IfIOnly

Some of my summer reading:

I am watching a certain YouTube homeschool vlog that is really encouraging me in a lot of homemaking things like for menus, menu planning, school and home planning, etc. School goes so much better if these basic things are going smoothly.

Would you mind sharing the Vlog? Those are areas I struggle with as well. 

• Like 1

Hey there,

Looking at the books you are reading and the activities you are engaged in, I'm wondering if there is a WTM Parents' Book Club where we can discuss ideas or points of interest in the things we're reading. I recently purchased "How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare". I'd love hear your thoughts or the more salient points that you put into your commonplace books.

So... is there a Book Club area of this forum? Anyone interested?

In preparation for SotW-3, I'm also reading HG Wells' Pocket History of the World, which I'm finding utterly fascinating and really worth the time. I also started Robinson Crusoe - another great book that somehow got overlooked in my youth.

Welcome! There are folks on the Chat section who discuss books in a new thread each week. Here's this week's, if you haven't been over there yet: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/615234-book-a-week-2016-bw-26-british-village-cozy-mysteries/

• Like 1

Would you mind sharing the Vlog? Those are areas I struggle with as well. 

I have been watching the Encouraging Homeschool Mom on Youtube.  She has a couple of blogs too that I haven't gotten into yet.  But I love her meal planning videos, simple recipes, and menu planning ones, and how she plans her days.  It isn't complicated at all, but it inspires me. 

I also like the Flylady blog.  It has a learning curve, but once you figure it out, it goes kind of like clockwork and has made a huge difference here.  I mastered it last summer.