Menu

Which Bible study for K?

I'd like to start doing something more formal for DS. We have just read from a children's Bible at home and he has finished the Cubbies class at AWANA. Since AWANA is on break for the summer I thought we could start something now. I've been looking around and have been considering Bible Treasures from Genesis to Ruth and/or Grapevine tracing starting with the Old Testament and moving chronologically. Any advice on these options or something better? Thanks!

My daughter is just now finishing K. We went through a Bible story book (we hadn't completed a "big" one yet, just the ones for younger kids), learned a hymn every other month or so, worked on catechism questions (we just now started the WCF Shorter) and did memory verses. Now that she's 6.5 we just started Leading Little Ones to God. I REEEEALLY love it. I plan on going through it twice, actually, with her and her 4.5 yr old sister.

Another vote for Bible Study Guide for All Ages. The stories are age appropriate and the lessons have engaging activities to keep the kids entertained. My daughter learned a great deal from these lessons. I think they dovetail nicely with AWANA. The music CD is excellent too! 

We did Leading Little Ones to God as sort of a devotional, but it is actually quite deep. It went through all the basic tenets of our faith in an age appropriate way. It was perfect for kindergarten this year. There were maybe a couple things I tweaked as it can be a bit old fashioned/traditional, but it is very well written. It includes a Scripture passage, a hymn and a prayer with each reading. I am actually wondering what I should follow up with next year. I am thinking of going through the Book of John as a family and using the Gospel of John DVDs that are well acted with actual scripture, no extra script.

• Like 1