Menu

How to determine a grade for AoPS Counting & Prob?

My son will be done with this course on Friday. Can I ask how others have determined what grade to give? My son wants a grade; I don't care if he gets one, but he wants one. (Could hve something to do with his father promising him a new watch if he gets a good grade....) ;)

It is for his online C&P class right?  You can ask them for a grade.

"Can I receive a grade for a course?

We can assign grades for subject courses on request. You'll receive instructions during the course about how to request a grade.

How are grades determined?
Grades are primarily determined by student performance on the homework. We take a holistic approach to grading; we don't have strict percentage levels for grades. Our courses are structured much like courses at top-tier colleges in that the assignments are extremely challenging, so students can earn high grades with a lower percentage correct than they would need in less rigorous classes."

http://artofproblemsolving.com/school/how-school-works/faqs

• Like 2

It is for his online C&P class right?  You can ask them for a grade.

"Can I receive a grade for a course?

We can assign grades for subject courses on request. You'll receive instructions during the course about how to request a grade.

How are grades determined?
Grades are primarily determined by student performance on the homework. We take a holistic approach to grading; we don't have strict percentage levels for grades. Our courses are structured much like courses at top-tier colleges in that the assignments are extremely challenging, so students can earn high grades with a lower percentage correct than they would need in less rigorous classes."

http://artofproblemsolving.com/school/how-school-works/faqs

Thanks! I will email them today. I have no clue what grade he will get, as an aside. I wonder how they determine it. He got all greens and blues for each week except one, where he was sick. Hope he's not disappointed--he worked his butt off.