Menu

Chess for kids

Hello!

I'm looking for a computer game or website where a 6 year old can play chess.  He doesn't want to play No Stress Chess anymore, and I don't have time to play with him as much as he wants.

I see this thread: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/495753-best-chess-resources/. And will probably look into chesskids.com.  But I want something where my son will win some of the time.  You know for encouragement.  I don't know if chesskids.com is set up this way.

My dad would never let me win and I stopped playing when I was about 10.  He said he was trying to get me to rise to the challenge.  I missed that point.  lol 

I may be asking for the impossible.

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions.

When I was a child I had an electronic chess board so I would play against the computer (that was within the chess board, if that makes sense). I could not always win--but I did not always lose (I just USUALLY lost--it was good for me).  I loved it.  And if my dad wanted to play with me--we'd just turn it off and use it as a regular chess board.  I have no idea if they still sell these things but it was pretty awesome.  My dad spent hours playing chess against that ding-dong computer.  It was so fun. 

• Like 2

Ok chesskid.com he will win - it might take losing a few times to get his score low enough to play others about his same strength level. If you are concerned about it you could log on as him, lose some games on purpose and then let him play.

• Like 1