Menu

WP Equine Science Questions

Jess4879

Can anyone tell me how many pages the PDF's are for the Guide & the Horse Notebook?  And how large the files are to download? 

And what did everyone think of the books used with this program? 

My oldest is horse crazy and I know she'd love this program, but we aren't planning to use it as a core.  It would be something for summers and free time...and it's very expensive.  For those who've used it, was it worth the price?  What did you love/hate about it?

I have the printed copy, so I can't answer about the downloads, but my Dd loves it! We don't use it as a core science, just a fun supplement. She enjoys the independent work and I enjoy the freedom to indulge her interests. I got the non-WP books used on Amazon and we borrow some from the library.

DD's notebook is about 1 inch thick, spiral bound, close to 400 pp.

The guide is less than 1 cm thick and I have ours in a 1" binder. No page numbers.

• Like 2

One more question - do I need the guide? We are using this at our own pace, as a supplement. Is the guide just a daily schedule of what to read? I've heard mention of a two week sample, but haven't been able to find one.

Yes, the guide is all the directions of what to read and do. You could not really do the course without it, though you could certainly use the resources.

I just ordered this (with the coupon code to get you $20 off an order of $50 or more), so I'll let you know the file size when they get around to sending me a link to them. (They've already sent me four emails about this order but no link yet. Color me happy, though, since they actually refunded the "shipping fee" the software charges.)

I just ordered this (with the coupon code to get you $20 off an order of $50 or more), so I'll let you know the file size when they get around to sending me a link to them. (They've already sent me four emails about this order but no link yet. Color me happy, though, since they actually refunded the "shipping fee" the software charges.)

I'm so hesitant to order with them.  There are some awful customer service stories and I started the order process today and noticed the shipping fee for PDF.  Not impressed with that.  There are complaints about that going several years back...one would think a company would fix something like that by now.  It's very pricey and the samples are so limited.  Decisions...decisions...

Just an update. Still haven't received info on how to download files & my store account still says "processing."

I'll probably email them this weekend or next...

This kind of stuff is why I got the printed version. Just easier. Got an order acknowledgement within an hour and my books in a week or so. All the WP threads here say how frustrating it is to deal with the digital versions.

I did email this morning. I'm not in a hurry as the stuff I ordered is for the next school year. 

I prefer digital as their printed copies are in black-and-white. I'd like the option to print some pages in color AND I'll have two kids using the materials next year.

I'm well aware of all their digital (and customer service) issues, so i'm more  :glare: than  :cursing: .

As long as they don't have an elaborate don't-steal-my-digital-content system like Tapestry of Grace, I think I'll get along fine once I get the files. TOG's digital system is confusing, complex, and turned me off their materials before I'd even had a chance to look at them.

Just an update. Still haven't received info on how to download files & my store account still says "processing." 

I'll probably email them this weekend or next...

Thanks for the update!  I imagine things are backlogged because of their online conference...but even then...

I did not have any customer service issues at all with them. I got my files right away. A few of them did not load right so I called. They were very apologetic and fixed the problem within 20 minutes! I did not receive a charge for the pdf version of their language arts using the coupon. Good experience for us so far. Maybe calling is the key?

ETA: I think the password protected files is a good idea considering piracy. Can't say I blame them.  Just slightly more cumbersome for the consumer. I can    live with that considering we can keep them forever. 

I'm actually considering ordering the guide and horse notebook as a printed set. I want to make this a two year study and fold it in with the Beautiful Feet study on horses. Would digital be better? I was thinking for the non-consumable printed, and consumable, printed. Any experience with a combined set?

I bought the combined set for Sea and Sky last week. I already received the printed guide and it is hefty. Over 200 pages. The ebook version prints at staples for $12 (Winterpromise has a deal w/them) or you can use it from your tablet and just print off the schedule. You can resell the print guide but not the printed from a pdf file, if that is a concern. If not, I'd say the ebooks are cheaper. 

Can anyone tell me how many pages the PDF's are for the Guide & the Horse Notebook?  And how large the files are to download? 

Guide is about 1,000 kb (54 pg). Horse notebook is about 16,000 kb (372 pg).

I got the link for the downloads within a short time of emailing them. The password thing won't be too bad...unless I forget the password. ;-) I'm going to put a little note in the title of the ebook, I think, with the password so I remember it. Not nearly as annoying as TOG's methods.

• Like 1