Menu

What's a possible sequence of LToW/WTM writing courses to prepare for PS high school?

I'm planning for logic stage which might as well start at 5th grade for us. We have 4 years to prepare well before I enroll DD in PS high school. This is most likely the plan for us unless I completely lose my fear of homeschooling high school or win the lottery and enroll her with Stanford Online. I wish we could take all the writing classes from WWS all the way to Rhetoric, but we only have 4 years.

I don't know how well our local high school will prepare DD for college writing, so I'm hoping that we get in the necessary foundation during the logic years.

I just preregistered for WWS1 even though we've done some parts of it already. I was planning to register for LToW but that seems insane. Or is it?

Based on Ruth's 2013 thread here http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/455439-my-comparison-of-wws-to-ltow/, I could do this sequence: WWS1, LToW, WWS2. This was 2 years ago so WWS3 was not yet published.

So I could do this: WWS1, LToW, WWS2, LToW2

Or this: WWS1, LToW, WWS2, WWS3

Or could I drop one of these later classes like LToW2 or WWS3 and add Rhetoric 1? Or is there any possiblity of combining two courses during one of these logic years?

I could try to finish up WWS by August and change the sequence to WWS2, LToW, and then? But the student book is almost 500 pages and we're not even at the quarter mark, although after using CAP and TC, I could skip some topics.

Any opinions would be great. I'm just thinking outloud and hoping to get some advice on some possible paths for DD.

I could try to finish up WWS by August and change the sequence to WWS2, LToW, and then? But the student book is almost 500 pages and we're not even at the quarter mark, although after using CAP and TC, I could skip some topics.

I have no experience, so I'm just throwing out a thought here.

If I had an able student, I would try to finish WWS1 by August*, and follow the sequence of WTMA WWS2, WTMA WWS3 and WTMA Rhetoric 1.

*To finish WWS1 quickly, I would focus on the WWS1 lessons from the WTMA Intro to Rhetoric syllabus.

I have no experience, so I'm just throwing out a thought here.

If I had an able student, I would try to finish WWS1 by August*, and follow the sequence of WTMA WWS2, WTMA WWS3 and WTMA Rhetoric 1.

*To finish WWS1 quickly, I would focus on the WWS1 lessons from the WTMA Intro to Rhetoric syllabus.

Oh yeah I forgot about Intro to Rhetoric - I'm going to take a look at the syllabus. If DD can finish by August, then I could possibly sign her up for Rhetoric 2 in 8th grade.

I'm just wondering whether I need LToW in this mixture.